Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My name is Michelle and I am a Scrapbooker

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in beating your addiction. I have an addiction. I believe it is a healthy one but yes, it's an addiction. Really I have an addiction within an addiction. I scrapbook and I love paper. Yes paper. Patterned paper. I go crazy when it comes to patterned paper.

Just yesterday, after going for some medical tests...more on that later, we drove across town so we could get the great deal on chicken at M&M's. Lucky for me it is in the same plaza as Michaels. For those unfamiliar with Michaels, it's a craft store. A LARGE craft store. I only intended on purchasing a magazine (scrapbooking magazine) & as I entered the store I see that they had a flyer for the week. A Flyer??? What!!?? I never received the 2 fliers I normally get (plus the one from my MIL up the road). They always have a 40% off coupon in the flyer...which I use quite often. I quickly looked over the flyer & was shocked to see that they had their patterned paper sized 12"x12" on for 3/$1. The regular price is $0.99 each. So what a great deal that is, right? So I quickly went to the scrapbooking section & found the paper isle. Yes a whole isle dedicated to 12x12 paper. I kept picking up paper and paper and more paper. I ended up with 90 pcs. You read that right.... 90.

I suppose 90 wouldn't be that bad but when you add that to the paper I already have....well that's a number I care not to know. I'll guess but I'm sure it would be more. hmmmm let's see maybe around 500+. See I told you I have an addiction.

I do use the paper. This is one of my favourite layouts I've done. Of course, it's easy when you have such a great subject to scrap about.

I've only been scrapping for less than a year & already have a pile of products & a scrap area...which keeps getting bigger. Thanks to my wonderful friend Tracy for introducing me to this craft. Randy also says "Thank You" but it's in a different tone. LOL.

I will have a question published in a scrapbooking magazine next month. It's not a layout....which I don't know if I'll ever get to that point, but it's a question & my name being published in a great magazine. I had a goal set for the year of 66 layouts. I've already done 32. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home