Thursday, April 13, 2006

March Madness

What a month March was. It began fairly well. Not much new or exciting that happened. Then it all began. First there was a position that opened up that sounded very promising. Part time work. Great for just getting back into the work force. We discussed it greatly as we weren't planning on me going back to work so soon but it was a great opportunity, so I applied. Then the week got kind of crazy.

Monday - had to have an u/s done on my thyroid - latest bloodwork showed some concern
Tuesday - interview for part time job
Wednesday - Got the Job!! Also got a call from dr in Kingston I saw regarding my thryoid - something is definitely wacky with it.
Thursday - Get the call for surgery. You have got to be kidding me!!?? I've been waiting 1 1/2 years to have this problem corrected - have had one surgery already fail & waited 7 months for this one - & they call me NOW??!! Surgery was scheduled for the following Friday.
Friday - Turned down the job. Just not the right timing. Found out that I have a few nodules in my thyroid - have to have some nuclear testing done.

So I had surgery & everything went fine until I got home & had major reactions to the antibiotics they prescribed. Luckily the surgeon told me to discontinue taking them. I'm just hoping this surgery was successful. For those who don't know what surgery I had - I had a problem develop after I gave birth to my son. Nothing painful, just embarrassing & frustrating....without going into full detail I'll just leave it at that.

March ended on a sour note. Hopefully April will be much brighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home