Saturday, February 06, 2010

Where do I begin?

Seeing as it has been so long since I've written anything substantial on this blog it is hard to know where to begin.

I think I will start with my new love...or at least ONE of my new loves. I've found so many things lately that are making me happy.

First is this:I tried so hard to avoid the whole Twilight saga. Did not want to read the books. Did not want to watch the movies. I admit that I failed....miserably.

A friend wanted to see New Moon and wanted company. I finally gave in and said I would go with her....it was the last week the movie would be at the theatre. I had not seen Twilight yet so she lent me her copy. Here is what followed:

Tuesday Dec. 22 - Watched Twilight - Liked it.
Wednesday Dec. 23 - Watched New Moon - Loved it.
Christmas happened
Saturday Jan. 2 - Borrowed Twilight from library - read in one day and LOVED IT!
Monday Jan. 4 - Borrowed New Moon and Eclipse from Randy's coworker - read New Moon.
Tuesday Jan. 5 - Read Eclipse.
Wednesday Jan. 6 - Frantic search for Breaking Dawn - Neighbour had a copy - finished it the next day.

I can't believe how much I enjoyed these books. I did more then enjoy them. They became a part of myself. At times it got too intense and I had to put them down to take a breather....try and get some sort of normalcy back. I felt the emotions, my senses were heightened, I laughed, I cried.....oh man did I cry. It was like a pile of crap had been building up inside me and after I was done reading this saga it all came poring out. I truly LOVED these books.

I'm a fast reader but reading 2,444 pages in just 4 days spent me. I needed to take a break. It wasn't a long break though...just probably over a week or two.

I then read The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Wow. It was truly amazing as well. It is hard to explain really. You see, while the Twilight Saga was not about vampires but a love story, The Host was not about aliens but a story of humanity. It sure opened my eyes to a lot.


I highly recommend reading it.

So a couple of my friends said if I liked the Twilight Saga then I would love The Moral Instruments books. I was a bit sad (and mad) that my library didn't have them. They did but they were 'misplaced'. I ended up wanting something to read again so I ended up purchasing the first one. That was on Monday. Friday I was at Chapters again purchasing the second one. I read that last night and soon began the hunt for the third book. Turns out my library doesn't exactly know where their one copy is. I thought about my neighbour who lent me Breaking Dawn. She came to the rescue again! I'm excited to read it ..... probably tonight. ;)

So here is yet another book/series that I highly recommend.

1 Comments:

Blogger tyme2blog said...

late to this blog post but just found my blog today after MANY years away from it. I liked the Twilight book series but was disappointed with the movies. I still watched them, then still own them but was disappointed with how they turned Bella into a needy unconfident girl when the books portrayed her as strong and independent.
The City of Bones series is still one of my favourites and I have read every spin off so far. Ok, I have 2 books I need to read but I own them, lol.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home