Good Deed
Last week when we were at the City Hall for the Vigil, I found a 512mb SanDisk memory stick laying on the ground.
I picked it up thinking "ohhh this would be nice to have" & then "hmmm wonder if it has important info on it".
My brother stopped in after work last night & we hooked it up to his laptop. It was over half used. It had important info on it i.e. pics from a trip to Hawaii, class grads & tests etc.. We opened one document & found the name of the author.
I asked Randy if he knew of this name & he said I know a Debra _____, she's in realestate. I described what she looked like (from the pics) & he confirmed it was her.
I looked up the man's name in the phone book & sure enough it had Debra's & his name. I called & informed him that I had found it & that we could get it back to him. Turns out he is a professor at Loyalist College & hadn't missed the memory stick yet, but would have been quit upset that he had lost it. He thought it was awefully nice of me to have called him & that I'm returning it.
I just hope that this would happen to me if I had lost something like that.
Funny thing too.....the couple walks downtown a lot & I was at a couple places downtown yesterday & when I walked out of one shop I almost bumped into them. I recognized them in the pictures!!
I picked it up thinking "ohhh this would be nice to have" & then "hmmm wonder if it has important info on it".
My brother stopped in after work last night & we hooked it up to his laptop. It was over half used. It had important info on it i.e. pics from a trip to Hawaii, class grads & tests etc.. We opened one document & found the name of the author.
I asked Randy if he knew of this name & he said I know a Debra _____, she's in realestate. I described what she looked like (from the pics) & he confirmed it was her.
I looked up the man's name in the phone book & sure enough it had Debra's & his name. I called & informed him that I had found it & that we could get it back to him. Turns out he is a professor at Loyalist College & hadn't missed the memory stick yet, but would have been quit upset that he had lost it. He thought it was awefully nice of me to have called him & that I'm returning it.
I just hope that this would happen to me if I had lost something like that.
Funny thing too.....the couple walks downtown a lot & I was at a couple places downtown yesterday & when I walked out of one shop I almost bumped into them. I recognized them in the pictures!!

2 Comments:
Good for you Michelle! Most people would have just taken the memory card without any thought for the people it belonged to.
That was a very good deed and for every good deed done one is returned, very impressive. Iknow if that was me I would want mine returned I would be devastated
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home