99 posts
Wow, I can't believe this is my 99th post.
I thought I would just catch you all up on what's been happening here.
We have had a very sad week. A friend of the family passed away last Saturday. For those that know or have heard me speak of Tracy & Trevor (Brennan's godparents) - it was Trevor's mother. She had been battling cancer & it had returned & unfortunately, she got pneumonia. She went rather quickly so it was a shock to most of us. The memorial was on Thursday morning. She was a very nice woman & I'll miss her. Please keep Trevor & Tracy in your thoughts.
Brennan is growing & growing. He is stretching up a bit so I had to go buy some new shirts for him. He is in a size 4T now. *insert crying mom here* My little boy is growing up!!! *sniff, sniff*
He talks constantly. My favourite is when he is riding his car around the house & he stops & waves at me saying "See you later, Mommy, see you later!" and off he goes.
We haven't had him outside much - because it has been FREEZING out. Too cold to go anywhere or do anything. We finally made it back to play group this week. He made a snowman craft there. We put it on the fridge as soon as we arrived home & he ran to Randy when he got home saying "I make paygoup, I make snowman. Come see Daddy... come see!!" He was so proud of his work (or should I say my work & his little scribble additions LOL).
Randy has been busy too. He (along with his mother) just made a presentation to a group of 20+ PSW workers regarding Brain Injury. I'm glad he did it. It will help others that the workers will deal with because they have gotten some insight into their world. It was recorded & will be played for future workers.
I've been asked to be on a panel at the Brain Injury Conference that will be happening in April. I'm still thinking about it but will probably do it. They want to have someone on the panel that lives with a Brain Injury survivor. I'll probably we talking about what it is to live with one & how & what we do to manage each day. I'll let you all know how it goes.
My parents are coming for a visit at the end of the month. Can't wait for that. It is also my dad's birthday (the 25th). Brennan will be excited for that. He thinks every birthday deserves a 'party'....to him that means cake. LOL. He LOVES cake. (Definitely his mother's son.)
Now for the 100th post. You will have to wait for it!! HAHAHA I have something B-I-G planned for it but won't be able to actually 'post' it for a couple of weeks.
So for now I will wish everyone I love a Happy Valentine's Day .
See you in a couple of weeks.
I thought I would just catch you all up on what's been happening here.
We have had a very sad week. A friend of the family passed away last Saturday. For those that know or have heard me speak of Tracy & Trevor (Brennan's godparents) - it was Trevor's mother. She had been battling cancer & it had returned & unfortunately, she got pneumonia. She went rather quickly so it was a shock to most of us. The memorial was on Thursday morning. She was a very nice woman & I'll miss her. Please keep Trevor & Tracy in your thoughts.
Brennan is growing & growing. He is stretching up a bit so I had to go buy some new shirts for him. He is in a size 4T now. *insert crying mom here* My little boy is growing up!!! *sniff, sniff*
He talks constantly. My favourite is when he is riding his car around the house & he stops & waves at me saying "See you later, Mommy, see you later!" and off he goes.
We haven't had him outside much - because it has been FREEZING out. Too cold to go anywhere or do anything. We finally made it back to play group this week. He made a snowman craft there. We put it on the fridge as soon as we arrived home & he ran to Randy when he got home saying "I make paygoup, I make snowman. Come see Daddy... come see!!" He was so proud of his work (or should I say my work & his little scribble additions LOL).
Randy has been busy too. He (along with his mother) just made a presentation to a group of 20+ PSW workers regarding Brain Injury. I'm glad he did it. It will help others that the workers will deal with because they have gotten some insight into their world. It was recorded & will be played for future workers.
I've been asked to be on a panel at the Brain Injury Conference that will be happening in April. I'm still thinking about it but will probably do it. They want to have someone on the panel that lives with a Brain Injury survivor. I'll probably we talking about what it is to live with one & how & what we do to manage each day. I'll let you all know how it goes.
My parents are coming for a visit at the end of the month. Can't wait for that. It is also my dad's birthday (the 25th). Brennan will be excited for that. He thinks every birthday deserves a 'party'....to him that means cake. LOL. He LOVES cake. (Definitely his mother's son.)
Now for the 100th post. You will have to wait for it!! HAHAHA I have something B-I-G planned for it but won't be able to actually 'post' it for a couple of weeks.
So for now I will wish everyone I love a Happy Valentine's Day .
See you in a couple of weeks.

1 Comments:
a couple weeks...????
Thanks for the update!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home