Family, toys, friends, toys, dog & turkey, toys, baking, toys, too much champagne = Our Holidays
I don't think there is much more to say. LOL Well I suppose I could go into more detail.
We had a great holiday season. Christmas Eve with Randy's family was good. TONS of food as always. My parents arrived on the 23rd & stayed till the 28th. Great having them here. Brennan just loves to play with Grandpa aka Papa. "Papa pay with me...pay toys...pay cars....pay puzzle...pay bus." Too much fun! Brennan talking a whole lot more...love it!
Toys. Toys & more toys. Brennan received a lot of toys. The good thing though, is he plays with every single one of them. He has no particular favourites. He loves them all. Little People, cars, race-car & tool box, work bench, books, puzzles. You name it, he loves it!
Dog & turkey. Yes we had an incident. You see, the weather was just perfect for storing food in the garage. Not freezing, & not warm. Perfect. Our fridge was already packed full of food so we stored our left-over turkey & fixings, squares, cookies etc. in the garage. Well Randy thought it would be great to take my dad for a 4-wheeler ride on Wednesday. When they got back we were supposed to have another big turkey meal from all the left-overs from Christmas dinner. We even invited Carole & Wayne for dinner. (Randy's parents.) Well Randy thought he would dry out the garage & left the door open. When they arrived home, the turkey was gone. All gone except the legs. It was a de-boned turkey & they only bones were in the legs. The neighbours dog ate our turkey. All of it....over half a bird & he ate it. We ended up having meatballs with all of the other fixings. Randy spoke to Jake's owners & they were very embarrassed & have given us a gift certificate to the butcher shop we ordered our fresh, de-boned turkey from. All is forgiven. (Note: the dog, Jake - a King Shepard, is now being tied up outside when they are not out there with him......which is what should have been done earlier.) Yes, Randy left the door open, but it is our house on our property & we shouldn't have to worry about a big-ass dog coming onto it. There I'm done my little speech. Achem.
Baking. I baked. Yes I, Michelle, baked. I'm NOT a baker, as I was reminded. I'm not much of a sweets person so really have no desire to bake. I do, however, LOVE Shortbread & Ice Box cookies. I decided to make some. Our great cleaner, Betty, gave me a stand-up mixer that she never used. That thing is AWESOME! The kitchen was a mess, I was a mess. Flour everywhere. I did it. I baked cookies. They didn't look the greatest but man, did they taste YUMMY. I may tackle the baking thing again. Maybe.
Too much champagne. New Years Eve. Great time. We went over to our neighbours house as we have in the past 5 or more years. Usually there is a bon-fire. Unfortunately, it rained. Bummer. It would have been a great night for a fire. Very mild out. No snow to set your drink in but great weather otherwise. That's usually what the boys do. Us girls stay inside in the warmth with all of the food. Hehehe. The boys stayed in & played pool for most of the night. We saw in the new year - all across Canada. Yes we didn't leave until way after 3am. Randy had drank a number of his regular (Rye & Coke) & then after midnight he drank the champagne. Let me just say there was not a drop left in the bottle. Not a drop.
So there you have it. Our holidays. Now for a few pics. :)
We had a great holiday season. Christmas Eve with Randy's family was good. TONS of food as always. My parents arrived on the 23rd & stayed till the 28th. Great having them here. Brennan just loves to play with Grandpa aka Papa. "Papa pay with me...pay toys...pay cars....pay puzzle...pay bus." Too much fun! Brennan talking a whole lot more...love it!
Toys. Toys & more toys. Brennan received a lot of toys. The good thing though, is he plays with every single one of them. He has no particular favourites. He loves them all. Little People, cars, race-car & tool box, work bench, books, puzzles. You name it, he loves it!
Dog & turkey. Yes we had an incident. You see, the weather was just perfect for storing food in the garage. Not freezing, & not warm. Perfect. Our fridge was already packed full of food so we stored our left-over turkey & fixings, squares, cookies etc. in the garage. Well Randy thought it would be great to take my dad for a 4-wheeler ride on Wednesday. When they got back we were supposed to have another big turkey meal from all the left-overs from Christmas dinner. We even invited Carole & Wayne for dinner. (Randy's parents.) Well Randy thought he would dry out the garage & left the door open. When they arrived home, the turkey was gone. All gone except the legs. It was a de-boned turkey & they only bones were in the legs. The neighbours dog ate our turkey. All of it....over half a bird & he ate it. We ended up having meatballs with all of the other fixings. Randy spoke to Jake's owners & they were very embarrassed & have given us a gift certificate to the butcher shop we ordered our fresh, de-boned turkey from. All is forgiven. (Note: the dog, Jake - a King Shepard, is now being tied up outside when they are not out there with him......which is what should have been done earlier.) Yes, Randy left the door open, but it is our house on our property & we shouldn't have to worry about a big-ass dog coming onto it. There I'm done my little speech. Achem.
Baking. I baked. Yes I, Michelle, baked. I'm NOT a baker, as I was reminded. I'm not much of a sweets person so really have no desire to bake. I do, however, LOVE Shortbread & Ice Box cookies. I decided to make some. Our great cleaner, Betty, gave me a stand-up mixer that she never used. That thing is AWESOME! The kitchen was a mess, I was a mess. Flour everywhere. I did it. I baked cookies. They didn't look the greatest but man, did they taste YUMMY. I may tackle the baking thing again. Maybe.
Too much champagne. New Years Eve. Great time. We went over to our neighbours house as we have in the past 5 or more years. Usually there is a bon-fire. Unfortunately, it rained. Bummer. It would have been a great night for a fire. Very mild out. No snow to set your drink in but great weather otherwise. That's usually what the boys do. Us girls stay inside in the warmth with all of the food. Hehehe. The boys stayed in & played pool for most of the night. We saw in the new year - all across Canada. Yes we didn't leave until way after 3am. Randy had drank a number of his regular (Rye & Coke) & then after midnight he drank the champagne. Let me just say there was not a drop left in the bottle. Not a drop.
So there you have it. Our holidays. Now for a few pics. :)
Brennan liked everyone else's gifts as much as his own!





1 Comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas holiday and New Year!!
That's too bad about your turkey... I don't blame you for being angry~ esp when the dog came on to your property and you have a little boy.. you know?! Glad to hear the dog is being tied up now!
Happy New Year! *hug*
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home